Main diseases of cannabis
Like any plant, cannabis is at risk to get hundreds of diseases. Among them are infectious, non-infectious, bacterial, viral, fungal ... Yes, the list is so long. It is important for the grower to notice the problem on time and take action as soon as possible. Cannabis diseases arise under the influence of many factors: external conditions or a pest virus.
Bacterial and infectious diseases
• Advice: when watering to avoid getting liquid on cannabis leaves and ventilate the room more often;
• Treatment: spraying with Bordeaux liquid.
• Advice: remove the affected leaves, ventilate the room;
• Treatment: substance of chalk and water, spraying with fungicides and copper-soap solution.
• Advice: reduce the amount of watering;
• Treatment: to replace the topsoil, spray with a solution of fungicidal agents that can be found in any garden and flower shop.
The black soot fungus comes along with pests; usually this aphid and whitefly. As the name implies, dark spots appear on the leaves. Marijuana growth slows down as the fungus clogs the holes through which the plant breathes.
• Advice: to wipe the leaves with a damp towel to remove plaque;
• Treatment: fungicidal agents are useless; you need to fight with insects. Spraying with a Bordeaux mixture or a soap solution may help you. In addition, the aphids do not like the neighborhood with odorous geraniums.
It caused by external factors. These we can include a change in habitat, temperature difference, a fast change in plant nutrition, mineral imbalance.
The table shows any symptoms of a lack or excess of minerals.
Ca – Leaves are pale, twisted, sometimes brown. Big and branching roots. Cones are damage.
Light spots on the lives - intervene chlorosis - means the death of the plant structure.
P – Leaves: dark green, brown spots. The growing and blooming are slowly.
So often. Only on the leaves is appeared intervene chlorosis.
N – Leaves: narrow, pale, sometimes yellow (may be is not enough the water) and fallen down. Stem is too thin? Cones are less. The growth retardation.
Leaves: dark green. The blooming retardation.
K – Leaves: light border on the top. The growth retardation. The blooming stops. There are fungal diseases.
The growth retardation, the leaves are small.
Mg – the border is yellow/red/purple; bend and fall. Cones do not ripen.
Look to the symptoms of calcium surplus.
• Cannabis disease can also appear, because of incorrect water supply. Both overflow and under filling are dangerous. In the first case, the formation of mold on the surface of the earth and the subsequent rotting of the stem is possible, in the second - the leaves will begin to dry out and turn yellow.
• Advice: watering as necessary, only with the dried topsoil. In the period of low humidity (in winter, during the heating season and in summer - less than 50%), you have to moisten the air additionally.
There is no scientific evidence of the resistance of a particular variety. Too many factors affect the susceptibility of the disease, however, but the cannabis seeds with indica dominant is believed to be more sensitive to sunburn, and cannabis sativa is more resistant to fungal diseases. But much depends on environmental conditions and high-quality care for the plant.
*All information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a guide or call to action.
** We remind you that the use of marijuana seeds as a sowing material (cultivation of cannabis in order to obtain a plant) is crime in many countries.